Sunday, November 1, 2015

Meeting Pioneer Women

Dinnertime Cookbook
After a really rough Thursday (full moon, rain, and Halloween don't mix with kids), I found out that I was down to watching one child on Friday until noon.  I was so excited because my friend Kim and I had talked about taking the day off for a "Mental Health Day" to go meet Ree Drummond, aka Pioneer Woman for a book signing.  I ended up going by myself as Kim couldn't get the day off.
Ree Drummond
After a LONG morning at the DMV in regards to tagging my mom's vehicle here and not in her home state, I was more than ready for something fun.  Arriving 1 1/2 hours before the signing, I was surprised to find how far back people were already were - from the back aisle to the front of the store, I was smack in the middle on aisle seven.  
colored bubble wrap?  
While standing in line, I met the nicest ladies, was encouraged, and found new products in the craft ai
sles that I never knew existed! Did you know there are colored bubble wrap and round Kleenex tissue "boxes"?  

Sometimes my brain fog and nervousness get the best of me.  So what whitty and nice thing did I say when I finally got to meet her?  "I'm so excited, I think I'm gonna puke,"  to which PW said, "can you please do it over there", pointing behind us. I know, I'm such a dork!  Eventually I got my brain right and we spoke briefly about home stomping grounds and sending kids off to college and then it was over.  I walked happily out with my signed books (one for me and the other's belonged to Only, my friend Kim and Amy).
Mrs. Only with Miss I


Dinner with these lovelies at Noodles and had the best time catching up.  In the end, it was so worth 1/2 a vacation day!  
I've missed these sweet sisters!