Monday, December 9, 2013

Failing daily, but longing to ...

 My biggest struggle is letting God handle things. I mean, He IS better at handling things than I could ever imagine. I'd love to say that I celebrate God all day, or that I'm authentic and gracious. Truthfully, I fail daily.  When Satan starts jabbing at us,
  •  the aches of my fibromyalgia make is difficult to move
  • our son's transmission goes out
  •  we learn about living with Alzheimers
  • circumstances come up and life gets really hectic and I can't see around that corner,
 I feel myself constantly reminded by Him, that He is there.  What I long for is to rejoice, showing an outward sign of what is going on inside me, instead my inner attitude mostly reflects what my circumstances are. Instead of saying, like I usually do, "Oh, it could always be worse", let me say God, you know best, and let your spirit calm me.  Let me be filled with Your love and be joyful.  Don't let my circumstances reflect a "sour" Christian, but let me show joy and celebration, and let me show my appreciation and joy that You truly love me and gave me such a priceless gift. Let me come and adore You as I truly should.  
Blessed be Your name in the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow, blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name when I’m found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness, blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out I’ll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name when the sun is shining down on me
When the worlds "all that it should be", blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering
Though there’s pain in the offering, blessed be Your name

You give and take away, You give and take away
My heart will choose to say, Lord, blessed be Your name


      “Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
                                                                      (I Thessalonians 5:18)

" Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!
Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near.
        Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
       And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:4-7 (NASB)


I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13



So please bear with me as I am growing, learning, and giving it up...  I'm not really good at this

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't visisted your blog in a while. :(
Thanks for your encouraging message. Words we all can be reminded to live by. I love you!

Raine